Sharing at Zhonghua
On 23 May 2007, Check Siew and I shared out experience about the school attachment I did from Januray to march this year. We spoke suring the staff contact time and I was very heartened to see many nods of agreement with the problems, suggestions and learning points we shared. I have listen some of our takeaways here too:
- Many of the things I teach at NIE will work despite what my trainees tell me.
- It’s a matter of thinking through carefully and customizing.
- How much and when to do – to meet own targets
- Yes, it can be tough and tedious; No, not if you work with someone.
- Timing of the attachment – good because of new syllabus
- Term one is good timing for attachment
- Overall learning experience is important
- Tap on your own strength in your groups
- So that you can try out on your own later
- After teaching for a long time – the experience of having someone looking at it differently is refreshing
- It is a Win-win situation
In summary we also pointed out about:
- Content drives pedagogy
- Thinking on one’s feet
- Differentiated Instruction
- Working with someone
We will adpat the sharing session as a sharing for a forthcoming forum at SEAGA 2007 (http://www.seaga.co.nr/). Do join us there!